The Doggy School Terms and Conditions
Please ensure you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions before you make a booking. By placing a booking you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted them. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with The Doggy School.
Payment in full is required at the time of booking for your place to be guaranteed on the course.
Cancellations prior to a course starting are required 7 working days in advance. A handling fee of £15.00 will be incurred.
The Doggy School does not offer reductions or refunds for missed classes, and refunds will not generally be given unless there are exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of The Doggy School.
Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you may cancel your purchase within a period of 7 working days beginning on the day after you made the purchase and booking. However, there is no right of cancellation where the course begins within this seven day period.
Covid Rules and Refunds
- Please do not attend class if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of Covid-19 including a new and persistent cough, high temperature and/or loss of taste.
- If you develop any symptoms, please inform your tutor in order for track and trace systems to be alerted. You and your household must isolate according to current Government guidance.
- Refunds are discretionary for anyone not able to complete the course due to a Covid-19 related absence; you may be offered an online alternative rather than a refund.
- If further national lockdowns are put in place, all classes will move to our virtual classroom; refunds will not be issued if you do not want to continue via this format
- Hand sanitiser will be available at entry points; It is advisable to bring your own hand sanitiser for personal use during the class. Please bring any additional PPE you feel you want to use.
- You must maintain 2 meters social distance from other class attendees. This can reduce to 1 meter + for some exercises.
- Attendance is limited to two people per puppy (this includes children) to help manage social distance requirements.
- Any children attending must be supervised by the accompanying adult(s) to ensure social distancing is maintained.
You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training.
Please keep dogs on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by your trainer.
Family members are always welcome in our classes. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and don’t use equipment when your trainer is not present
You must not knowingly book a dog that shows aggression or nervousness onto a training course, unless it is specific course that is intended to address these issues. If you do not advise us of potential problems and your dog shows aggression in class you will not be entitled to a refund. Contact us if you are not sure whether a class is suitable for your dog. If you are unsure about the suitability of your dog in class and have not asked us to assess your dog before your attendance, you will not be refunded if your dog is unsuitable for the class you have booked. If we have agreed to your dog attending but the dog is not suited to the class environment, we will offer you alternative arrangements, such as working with you on a one-to-one basis.
The Doggy School has public liability and general insurance suitable for a dog training club. Any physical activity can have risks, however remote. Participation is entirely at the risk of the participant. Handlers and/or owners remain responsible for their dogs at all times and are advised to ensure they have adequate pet or household insurance cover for liability in the unlikely event of damage or injury caused by their dog to property or to a third party.
Should classes be cancelled by The Doggy School an alternative make up class will be offered. This may be an in-person class or an online class. The make up class may not be offered on the same day as the course is run. Classes cancelled for weather reasons tend to be made up the following day.
At times we might take video or photographic images that we might share on social media. We will only show images and film that show clients and their dogs in a good light. If you are not happy with this then please make us aware and your images or video will not be shared. You have the right to ask us to remove an image if you wish.
The information you provide will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to dog training activities. Your data will not be shared with any third parties. The Doggy School may send out occasional emails about dog training workshops or other dog related information. If you don’t wish to receive these you may unsubscribe from the emails.